DotsIconGrayAquaFacebook-1, DotsIconGrayAquaPinterest, DotsIconGrayAquaEmail-1, DotsIconGrayAquaInstagram-1

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Our Thanksgiving tradition is to alternate whose family we spend Thanksgiving with. Both families are unique in their traditions and I love these experiences and the memories with my kids and Brad. So this year was our turn to visit my family in Rogers. It is always fun to see my parents, my sisters, and my nieces and nephew. (I also try to sneak in some girl time with my best friends).

For the past several years, I have participated in the NWA Turkey Trot 5k.....alone, since I am the only runner in the family. Well, I changed things this year! I recruited my husband, my youngest sister and her husband. We had a blast and burned some calories for that extra piece of pie.


2014 Turkey Trotters



Thanksgiving is my mom's favorite holiday! It is one of the reasons I love to visit her during this season. She enjoys cooking the (entire) meal and hosting family and friends. It is such a happy time to be back home.






My mom, my sister youngest sister Katie and her husband Nate





Both of my kids adore mashed potatoes (not sure where they get that)





Unlike our neighborhood, my parents live in an established area with big trees and my kids thought it was so much fun to play in the leaves. I just love this picture; it captures pure joy and their innocence. 


Our elf "Charlie" always shows up the weekend after Thanksgiving, so this year we had to smuggle him to my parents for a special arrival. Hudson just loves trains (wooden trains, electric trains, train books and especially the Polar Express movie). Branson puts on a production just like the Polar Express movie so we knew we just had to take the kids. So that morning Charlie brought the kids Christmas pjs and train tickets! They were ecstatic!














Meeting the conductor




Surprise visit from Santa. Hudson sat on Grandpa's lap almost the entire ride.




It was such a neat adventure!






What a wonderful weekend with family and friends (and train rides).


1 comment:

The Garners said...

Such sweet memories with your family! Looks like a great holiday!