DotsIconGrayAquaFacebook-1, DotsIconGrayAquaPinterest, DotsIconGrayAquaEmail-1, DotsIconGrayAquaInstagram-1

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Adoption Thoughts

Brad and I are still pushing on with the adoption paperwork for our Dossier. As we are completing our adoption classes, we are learning a lot about the Chinese culture as well as what to expect once we meet our daughter and bring her home. The more we push forward, the more real our journey becomes. There are many days when I'm frightened about the road ahead and what the future holds for us. Adding a new child to your family is scary and exciting any way you go about it, but I believe international adoption brings different challenges. She will be accustomed to hearing Mandarin nursery rhymes rather than English ones, she will be accustomed to seeing Chinese eyes looking back at her rather than mine, she will be accustomed to Chinese cuisine rather than macaroni and cheese. As silly as it may seem, these are just a few of the things that frighten me.

But....God is my God and he is her God! I know that we have His unending love in common and that alone is enough to bring us together as a family. As frightened as I am at times, I know that God put us on this journey for a reason. So faith will keep me going, despite my (silly) fears.




No comments: