DotsIconGrayAquaFacebook-1, DotsIconGrayAquaPinterest, DotsIconGrayAquaEmail-1, DotsIconGrayAquaInstagram-1

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Stolen Moment

The one and only thing that slows Avery Reese down is a fever and unfortunately for her she woke up this morning at 101 degrees. But selfishly for me, she is snuggly when she is not feeling well. Avery Reese is not a child that enjoys being held or rocked or anything I dreamt a baby would be, instead she is more of a bull who enjoys, of all things, wrestling.

Tonight Brad was away playing golf so I had some special alone time with Avery Reese. After her bath, she looked up at me with those sad, tired eyes and said "rock?". What kind of mother would I be turning down such a forbidden request? So she laid her head on my shoulder, asked me to sing and we rocked. As I sang to her and just held her in my arms I thought about others who are suffering the loss of a child and I started to weep.

I so often let minute details of life interfere with the true purpose of life.......relationships. I held my baby girl and rocked with her until her eyes finally closed, but I couldn't stop. So I continued to craddle her in my arms and promised myself to remember this stolen moment, always.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

No kidding. Every time Jack says "Mommy" and asks for something, I melt.

Alyssa Mitchell said...

I can't wait to hold her this weekend.